You are invited …
On the 12th November 2016 there will be the first ever GROGMEET in Manchester. It’s a day of Old School gaming which will end in the official launch of the first ever annual the GROGNARD files ‘zine.
A PACKED PROGRAMME
- The event will begin with demonstrations and ‘pick up and play’ board games hosted by bonhomiegames.uk – the home of convivial gaming.
- Judge Blythy from the GROGNARD files will be running a STORMBRINGER adventure to feed Arioch with souls.
- Making a trip up the East Lancs, will be Kehaar, co-host of the brilliant DISSECTING WORLDS podcast, he’s Games Mastering a rip-roaring heist for TSR’s GANGBUSTERS.
- We’re delighted to have GM @Asako_Soh on the team, who will be fresh from running games at UK Games Expo and the D&D Tweetup, to run a classic adventure for West End Games Star Wars RPG
- Dirk the Dice will be taking players to Glorantha in a Classic RUNEQUEST scenario: Assault on Lunar Outpost XIII.
More Games will be coming on board, so tip some coins in the Patreon beret to keep up to date with the developments. Please note that, at this stage, the proposed games my be subject to tweaks and adjustments.
The event will run from 10.15 – 17.00 with the RPG sessions running from noon.
The fun will be located at Mad Labs in the heart of Manchester, we’re happy to support this wonderful community resource. There’s plenty of places to eat nearby in the swanky (with a silent ‘s’) Northern Quarter; you don’t NEED a hipster beard, but it will help. The famous Manchester European Markets will probably have started too, so why not make a weekend of it?
Tea and coffee is provided throughout the day to keep old-timers refreshed.
The GROGNARD Files fanzine will be officially launched at the event and all attendees will get a souvenir copy.
This project has been made possible thanks to the generous support of our Patreon backers.
The space is strictly limited, and there’s no tickets available at the door, so if you want to come, please book your place early. Tickets are £10 to contribute towards the hire of the space. It’s free if you’re a Patreon $5 backer.
Sign-up for the RPG sessions will be available nearer to the event and will be released to Patreon backers first.
Tickets are now available from this link.
4 thoughts on “GROGMEET 2016”
As a grognard in game terms (playing since 79) this show looks a delight. As a producer of games for the last 4 years, it looks like a chance for me to run some old school OSRIC rules D&D fun. I imagine this year’s table are booked up or can you stand a 4-6 hour D&D game designed for Gary Con last year?
Hi Simon – Games Masters are booked up for this year. Your offer sounds intriguing. Depending on how it goes, we’ll be looking for a bigger venue and more GMs for ’17… if that interests you? Let us know what you make of the pod!