The GROGNARD Files

Table-top RPGs from back in the day and today.

grogmeet-2016-corrected

There are more tickets now available for GROGMEET in Manchester on 12th November. If you want to experience the very best in Old School RPG gaming (with a modern twist) then sign up. You’ll also get a free the GROGNARD files ‘zine to take home as a souvenir!

There’s a few places available on the D&D 5th edition game, Boot Hill and Star Wars (WEG). In the morning there’ll be board games too. A variety of pick up and play games as well as old favourites such as BattleCars and The Sorcerers Cave. The boardgames session will be hosted by our friends at bonhomiegames.uk

You’ll find more information on the GROGMEET tab on the home page – including a link to  UK Role Players forums to ask any questions.

GET YOUR TICKET HERE >>> Eventbrite – GROGMEET 16

Ramblers … get ramblin’

9 thoughts on “GROGMEET 2016 – On Saturday !

1. Angry Monk says:

If there is a gamer worth his or her salt who is within striking distance of Manchester who DOESN’T go to Grogmeet, I just want them to know that there is a poor old Canadian who would give his eyeteeth to make it. I wish I could be there to roll dice and meet the Armchair Adventurers and the Old Scroates.

2. Andrew Cowie says:

Well, that was fantastic. Well worth the trip down from Dundee, even with a dodgy satnav and unexpected tour of Manchester.
    Really friendly meetup with mix of old gamers, new gamers, those of us who never really stopped, and those breaking out of their deep freeze.
    Great game of Battlecars in the morning then awesome Stormbringer adventure run by Judge Blythy himself. Then free swag and a night on the town in Manchester with all the podcast stalwarts.
    Dirk bravely hid his terror at how geeky Runequest players could be about old magazines, but I think he enjoyed himself before escaping.

Thanks so much all involved – see you next year :- )

3. Dirk says:

Thanks for making the trip Andrew and donating the bundle of White Dwarf magazines for the raffle.

Pleased that you enjoyed it!

I was a bit too leathered to understand your explanation of Magic the Gathering and the appeal of collecting over playing. However, one of my highlights of the weekend was seeing your geek-status crumbling as Andrew Smith pulled out his Glorantha spreadsheet featuring ‘zines that you’d not heard of before. The point when you realised that you were in the presence of TWO top level backers of the Runequest classic kickstarter, was the moment I saw your soul drain away.

Your northern accent is bobbins, but you’re great company.

Thanks!!

Chris

1. Andrew "Doc" Cowie says:

Dirk – as we discovered, you are an IT genius.
      Can you add forums to the site, or does that become a hideous nightmare?
      Alternatively, can someone tell me where the cool British roleplayers hang out on the web?

PS Agreed, far too many Andrews. I am often referred to as “Doc” for that reason…

4. Andrew Smith says:

It was a hard fought draw with Andrew Cowie trumping me by actually having met Greg and Sandy several times. Meanwhile Andrew Jones remained suspiciously quiet, suggesting he holds the really rare stuff.

1. Angry Monk says:

There are a lot of Andrews. I can’t keep this straight.

5. Andrew Jones says:

I don’t own any really rare RPG stuff- my real collecting passions has been in comics (and mostly before I had a mortgage).

1. Daily Dwarf says:

Moebius and Mick McMahon originals – jealous!

6. samvail says:

Sounds like an amazing event. Gutted I had to miss it.
    Next year, I’ll be there.