Yes, it’s time for Solos and … satisfaction? It’s time for Tunnels and Trolls.
Caroline is in big hair and specs, because we’ve had another iTunes in America!
Potted History (4.00):
A quick run through of the origin story of T&T.
Open Box (8.23):
Brought to you from a replica of Dirk’s teenage bedroom, as we bring memories of the early games, until the dog signals that it’s time to leave.
The White Dwarf (30.22)
@dailydwarf has light pickings from the early days of White Dwarf, but there are some great St Andre pieces.
Judge Blythy Rules! (44.36)
We take time to delight in elegant simplicity.
Ed’s Bargain Shed (1.15)
The first games that Ed played were with T&T. Sister Barbara could prevent the discovery of Trolls and Girls at school.
There isn’t final section (1.22)
Update on the Patreon campaign.
Send in your Traveller questions and comments.
Details of the next part of the episode which will feature Big Jack Brass, Jon Hancock, in interview.
So, after we’ve covered the Dungeon Masters Guide it’s time for us to get to the nitty-gritty of the core rules.
The story so far and a review from iTunes. Please review us too, if you haven’t already.
WHITE DWARF SCENARIOS (Part 1) 4:54
@dailydwarf makes his first, controversial, pick from his personal best AD&D scenarios in White Dwarf and lists the ‘also rans’.
JUDGE BLYTHY RULES! 13:24
We got a mention on the very entertaining Old School podcast SAVE OR DIE. They have an interview with Chris Holmes, son of Dr J. Eric Holmes, author of D&D Basic from back in the day.
WHITE DWARF SCENARIOS (Part 2) 44:54
GAMES MASTER’S SCREEN 50:22
Two wizards dual to the death on the blackened heath.
WHITE DWARF SCENARIOS (Part 3) 1:22
POST BAG 1:29
I’ve made a contribution to the Rolistes Podcast Foodie Special.
Last couple of tickets remain for Grog-Meet in November.
Become an honorary member of The Armchair Adventurers by putting a few coins in the beret as a tip, at the Patreon site. Watch the video I made too, I’m very proud of it.
Next Time: Monster Manual and our thoughts on 5e.
Roll up! Roll up! Finally, the GROGNARD files turns it’s attention to the grand daddy of them all. Make some space in your pod box for a 2 hour spectacular.
Introduction. Dirk shows off his new turn table and invites you to add songs to his RPG playlist
1. Daily Dwarf Open Box. 7.04 – Find out how @dailydwarf was introduced to the hobby via Dungeons and Dragons.
2. Open Box. 11.08. The Armchair Adventurers talk about the early days of playing D&D with only one third of the rules and discovering the red box in ’83.
3. The White Dwarf. 32.39 @dailydwarf begins his personal selection of articles from the greatest RPG magazine of them all.
4. Open Box Again 41.00 The Armchair Adventurers rediscover AD&D in the early 21st Century.
5. The White Dwarf. 54.11 @dailydwarf continues his picks.
6. Judge Blythy Rules! 1.00 Judge Blythy pours over the finer details of The Dungeon Master’s Guide while Dirk rides in on a high horse.
7. The White Dwarf. @dailydwarf concludes his choices with praise for Lew Pulsipher’s contributions.
8. Thanks to new Patreons and a request for entries to our postbag. Next time we’ll be looking at The Player’s Handbook.